Sunday, February 8, 2015

C3-PO

There is no other movie series better than Star Wars. For me, watching Star Wars or playing with Star Wars figurines was my way to escape reality and bring the inner toddler out of me. Star Wars always seems to hit that soft spot in my heart. Yes, I am a girl, and yes it may seem weird that I watched Star Wars and played with Star Wars toys instead of playing with Polly Pockets or Barbies or watch Strawberry Shortcake, but it is something that always puts me at ease. I noticed as I grew up that the people that made the biggest impact in my life, the people that were always there for me and always told me that things would turn out right, were the ones that made me feel most at ease and helped me in some way escape reality. I'm sure you know too that it can be hard to escape reality. I started thinking to myself that the characters in Star Wars that always seemed to (in a way) be there for me because they helped me escape reality and be more at ease, are actually really still here with me today (except of course they aren't carrying around life sabers or wearing insane cloaks or anything galactic related).

A character from Star Wars who seems to be seen throughout the hallways of my school, is very close to me, very fun, and reliable. He is C3-PO. C3-PO, sometimes spelled See-Threepio, is a very gifted droid.  He was destroyed and discarded on the planet Tatooine and was rebuilt; his salvaged nature gave him special qualities that distinguished him from similar droid models. He is constantly involved in pivotal moments, but at the same time he is very dedicated to his friends as well as any master he serves. This character reminds me of one of my really good friends, Justin Ly. Justin Ly is very much like C3-PO. He is kind, trustworthy, outgoing, funny, and serious when need be. He is very dedicated to the student body and also very dedicated to our relationship. You know Justin apart from anyone else because he is so unique, just like C3-PO. Justin always seems to glow and give off radiant beams of happiness and laughter. When Justin is in your life you seem more at ease and more at home, he easily helps you escape reality and free fall into the unknown. Because of Justin I have found peace and reassurance in my life. C3-PO isn't only found on the screen or on the shelves of toy selling stores, he is found in the person that makes you feel like you, whether you be happy or sad, are the only person in the world and everything is for you. He is the one who fills your heart with goodness and releases your body of danger.


4 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I love it, and can see Justin as C3-PO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. love all your detail. your picture was a nice touch. ^.(\

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this is gold Crust! I expect to star in one of your blogs...perhaps Chewbacca?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly melted my heart my love. One thing though... I wish you were as dedicated to our relationship as I am

    ReplyDelete